Ways to Give


Payroll Deduction

More than 60 percent of our funds are raised during workplace campaigns through payroll deductions. If your company does not participate in a Workplace Campaign, please contact your Human Resources Department to ask if payroll deduction is available.
Have a workplace campaign and you're looking for your company's virtual pledge card? Each company has an individual link to their customized pledge card. Contact your company's United Way ambassador or contact our office at 507-373-8670 or via email at to receive that link. 

Cash/or Check

Cash and checks can be mailed to PO Box 686, Albert Lea, MN. If you would prefer to drop it off in person, our office is located at 2610 YH Hanson, Albert Lea, MN 56007. We are located on the south side of the building, in the very center. 
It's best to call ahead at 507-373-8670, but generally we try to have someone available from 8-3 Monday through Wednesday, 8-Noon on Thursday. 

Credit Card

Click here to donate via credit card
or call our office at 507-373-8670 to give a credit card over the phone.

Start a Personal Fundraising Campaign

Want to let your family and friends know how much you support your community through United Way? Start a personal fundraising campaign to share your enthusiasm and ask others to join the cause. Personal fundraising campaigns are also a great way to honor a loved one.

Make an Honor or Memorial Gift

Honor a loved one or respected colleague through an honor or memorial gift. Such gifts not only show thoughtfulness and consideration for the individual and their family, but also help make our region a better place through United Way. 

Want to get started right away? Make your gift online and check the box "Yes, this is an honor or memorial gift," email details of your gift to Ruth Delano at You can also start a personal fundraising page in honor or memoriam.

Below is some sample wording for an obituary:

In lieu of flowers, gifts may be made to United Way. Checks should be payable to United Way of Freeborn County and mailed to PO Box 686, Albert Lea, MN 56007.  Please include a note stating your gift is in memory of [name].


Planned Giving and Endowment

Planned gifts are made by anyone, at any age, at any income level. Your planned gift to United Way is part of your overall estate and financial plans. Your planned gift ensures that United Way carries on your legacy of doing good by helping to fulfill our mission into the future. Planned giving options include charitable gift annuity, charitable remainder trust, memorial and tribute gifts, charitable lead trust, bequests, beneficiary designations, life insurance or United Way Life. Endowment builds the capacity to ensure that our community is a caring and safe place where children thrive, adults and families succeed and basic needs are maintained.  

The legal name to use in gift-planning transactions is United Way of Freeborn County Inc. Our Federal Tax ID number is 41-0956396

Amazon Smile



Find more information on AmazonSmile here

 Thank You for LIVING UNITED with us!